Monday, December 7, 2009

TABASKI


Enough said. Credit for the photo goes to Trina Rennie.

I'm going to write on more post this week and post many many pictures from my time in Sessene, but for now we are all working on presentations of our internships and a final 20 page paper due Friday.

4 sheep died at my house in Sessene for Tabaski, and we ate meat for 4 days! Very interesting holiday, to say the least. I spent my last week of work with Agrecol going out to the garden with M. Dia every day, which was a nice way to end things- we planted peppers, thinned carrots, watered, and weeded. Saying goodbye to my family was sad; tears were shed. It's very odd to be back in Dakar, with TVs and electricity and running water and hamburgers and Christmas decorations. And homework!!

More later! And for those who are disappointed by the shortness of this post, here's this:

They say a picture's worth a thousand words, right?
:)

1 comment:

  1. Is there any chance I can get the .jpg file so I can use the photo for Holiday cards? "Happy Holidays - But Not For This Goat!"

    Hard to believe you'll be back SOON!

    Love,

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete