Friday, September 18, 2009

A very quick, upset stomach restricted hello

I was going to take some time to write a very long post with pictures, but my stomach is telling me that that is just not going to happen, so I'll keep this short.

Some bad news- a student named Elke lives literally just around the corner from me- she told me that one time she looked out her living room window and saw Papa Anicet taking a shower in our bathroom. Her host father was 78 and had Parkinson's, and last night he passed away. I met him once and he couldn't speak and didn't seem very with it- still was very unexpected and sad for her and of course her family, and certainly hard to know how to act and what to do to help them in such a situation. She'll stay on with them though, and Professor Sene told the rest of us that a visit to the house would be appropriate. I'll probably go tomorrow.

Happier things- today I went back to N'ice Cream, and tried Mozart flavor! He was delicious, though I think he and my stomach had artistic differences. Also, today is the day I'll go pick up my dress for Korite from the tailor! I can't remember if I already talked about Korite, but it's the big party at the end of Ramadan. Should be this weekend, though it depends on when the new moon shows up.

OK got to go-

2 comments:

  1. Want to see a picture of you in your new dress. Hope your stomach is settling down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IF IT FEELS RIGHT
    just offer a hug to the Mom
    I'm sure she would appreciate your being there
    love, Mom

    ReplyDelete